Gary

Default Longest Dead Calm (or Becalmed) Sailing Experience?

Bryan wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message

We knew it was an anomalie. The high had moved very close to the coast in
an unusual pattern. There was wind all around us. What made us miserable
was that our wives were in Hawaii and waiting for us. We were so late
getting there that they had all flown home. The trip that normal takes
12 - 15 days took us 21! We ran out of food at 18 and we were reduced to
slim fixin's.

Were you starting to worry or did knowing that you could call for help keep
the idea of starving to death in check?

No worry, we had stuff to eat but no real food. We had a big bag of
flour and lots of jam and peanut butter. We just had no meat, rice,
bread or any of the normal stuff.