thunder

Default Do these words sound familiar?

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:04:45 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

I really had high hopes for Nixon's presidency, despite his conservatism
and red-baiting past. He had some remarkable successes in foreign policy,
and he really was a very, very bright man. But he failed to get us out of
Vietnam in a timely basis, and his character flaws really emerged during
Watergate.

It was a very different time. At that time, I was young and Nixon was
the enemy. I'll give you he was very bright, competent and in control,
and, I would agree about some of his foreign policies. I wouldn't call
Chile and Allende a high mark. However, in light of the many scandals
since, Watergate just doesn't seem like that big a deal. One of these
days, I should take a new look at the man, and see if, with maturity ;-),
my feelings have changed.