Bil

Default 500w self-starting DC generator anyone?

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:19:28 -0500, Larry wrote:

Bil wrote in news:3ebvo1lujj9hblfr8iu9g5aefpolvle9ea@
4ax.com:

250 Amps of nominal 14VDC

What Ampere-Hour batteries are you charging with this much current, and
not boiling them? Will the boat float that much battery weight?

Battery charging is not the only use for electrical energy, Larry. But
I figure you knew that.

250 A at 14VDC is the theoretical maximum output from the genset, with
the diesel set at max rpm. When I specified the battery bank and
genset, I wanted to take advantage of the ability of AGM batts to
absorb charge fast. And the 500 Ah bank of AGMs does (although
efficiency has dropped - they're 5 years old now). I think the biggest
current I've seen when just battery charging is about half of the
theoretical max.