Gordon

Default 500w self-starting DC generator anyone?

Obviously a need for both versions. Cost would be a big factor for me,
Gordon

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
6...
"Roger Long" wrote in news:ahKjf.51455$DL6.20372
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I suggest concentrating on diesel. The gas version ABSOLUTELY must
have no self starting feature for boating applications unless you have
a line on amazing liability insurance. Starting a gas engine, or any
other flame producing device, on a boat that carries gas must always
be done after careful determination that there have been no leaks. It
wouldn't be much different in any other enclosed space and that's
where something like this is apt to end up.

A small diesel could burn K2 which is nearly as available as gas now.

I would disagree that a diesel version is an absolute requirement. This
clearly has to be used above deck as there's no ventilation of exhaust
fumes. Also, any boat that has diesel most likely has gasoline for dinghy
motors, etc. I would also submit that most non-cruising boats don't carry
spare cans of diesel, whereas they most likely have cans of gasoline. A
gasoline version would be more universal between the diesel and gasoline
powered vessels.

-- Geoff