Default Iraq becomes Texas?

NOYB wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Think about it. Texas-style democracy.

Pre-invasion, Iraq was a state built on cheap oil and cheap labor,
with several classes of citizens, fundamentalists with a gun on every
block, paranoia, and a small cadre of graft-fed politicians leading
them all.

Now, that model has been modified by US forces who ousted their
leader, Saddam, and replaced him with the Texas model: a state built
on cheap oil, cheap labor, several classes of citizens,
fundamentalists with a gun on every block, paranoia, and a small
cadre of graft-fed politicians leading them all.

Progress, Republican style.

--
January 20th, 2009: Hang in there, America!

Interesting quote. NOYB will rip this to shreds.

The military victory of the US-led coalition in March-April 2003
resulted in the shutdown of much of the central economic
administrative structure. Although a comparatively small amount of
capital plant was damaged during the hostilities, looting, insurgent
attacks, and sabotage have undermined efforts to rebuild the economy.
Despite continuing political uncertainty, the Iraqi Interim Government
(IG) has founded the institutions needed to implement economic policy,
and has successfully concluded a debt reduction agreement with the
Paris Club. The high percentage gain estimated for GDP in 2004 is the
result of starting from a low base.

Please publish the entire quote, or a link to where I can read the
entire synopsis so that I can "rip this to shreds"...if it needs
ripping. As it stands, I can't make rhyme or reason out of your
snipped passage.

Here you go:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/iz.html

Thanks. Here's the part that jumps out at me:

"Although a comparatively small amount of capital plant was damaged
during the hostilities, looting, insurgent attacks, and sabotage have
undermined efforts to rebuild the economy. "

So initial hostilities caused little damage to "capital plant"...but
looting, insurgent activites, and sabotage have hindered a rapid
rebuilding of the economy.

Wouldn't it make sense for the US military to stabilize things, so that
insurgent activities and sabotage no longer impede the rebuilding
process?

Yes, it would. Got a plan for doing that? If so, please send it he

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Bush,

Stay the course.

Sincerely,
Dr. NOYB

Uh, we've BEEN "stay(ing) the course", and it's been proven that it
isn't working. But, I know that you can't think of anything other than
what BushCo tells you to think of. If you did, you'd be branded a
traitor, and accused of aiding the enemy.