NOYB

Default Bush's ability to fool people diminishes

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You mean, of course, most Republican politicians. I've been on visits to
inner-city project housing with Democratic politicians.

Handing out cigarettes to bribe derelicts to vote, eh?

Just because people have little money doesn't mean they are as ignorant as
your typical Republican voter.

As a matter of fact, the last time time I was in "the projects" was a
couple months ago, accompanying some local pols and a mortgage lender who
has a special program to help the working poor qualify for home ownership.
I was there to interview some of those who were signing up for a free
"homebuying" course, so I could call them from time to time to see how
they were progressing.

The last time I was on foot in "the projects" was 6 1/2 years ago when I
went knocking on the door of my perio patient who didn't show up for her
appointment at the dental school.

She had advanced periodontal disease, and no money. I convinced my
instructor to get the school to treat the case pro bono. After 4
appointments of *free* scaling and root planing and perio surgery, all she
had to do was come back in for a final post-operative evaluation to see how
her gingiva had responded to treatment. Without her showing up for the
reevaluation, I didn't get "credit" for the case...and it was threatening to
hold me up from graduating.

A white guy driving a white, four-door sedan into the projects and knocking
on someone's door sure drew a lot of funny looks...but she wouldn't answer
her phone. She begrudgingly accompanied me to the school and I graduated 4
days later.