posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Jere Lull

Default Which Bilge Pump?

In article . com,
"Chris" wrote:

I'd like recommendations which brand/type automatic bilge pump to
get: It will need to fit into the bilge of a Newport 27, which I am
guessing is 4" wide and 4-5" high.

We have the smallest Rule in the bilge.

About 6" higher and much further aft (under the cockpit, giving shorter
lines & less "lift") is the biggest one we found. Has never been used in
anger.

The Rule is their "auto" one: if it has power, it'll try to pump for a
few seconds every few minutes -- a real drain so I put a float switch
back in line. If the switch sticks "on", we're still covered for about a
week. I don't really like the Rule, but it's still working and I haven't
had an urge to switch it out.

--
Jere Lull