DSK

Default Noob question about fiberglass/gelcoat

Bluetobb wrote:
..... There is a C
shaped crack about 10" to 12" long with small much lighter stress
cracks around it. I pushed on it and it seems strong but I can catch
my finger nail on the main C shapped crack as I drag my nails lighty
accross the bottom surface of the boat. Is this something to be
concerned about?

Yes, of course.

... What is the best and worst case senarios?

It may not indicate any structural issue at all, or there may be a
slight amount of water entering which will rot any enclosed wood (if
any), or it may be the start of a big gaping ragged hole.

The last is rather unlikely. In any event, it's easy to fix.

... How much
would it cost to have it repaired?

At least a couple hundred bucks. You'd be better off fixing it yourself,
and also learning to do minor fiberglass work is one of the key skills
of boat ownership. Unless you're rich, of course

DSK