Cindy Ballreich

Default Head questions galore

Peggie Hall wrote:

Noooo! If you plumbed your head intake to the sink drain line, and you
religiously flush ALL the sea water out of the system before the boat
will sit, you shouldn't have any odor in the first flush when you
return. If you do, we need to find out why and figure out how to
eliminate the problem. Email me: peg(dot)hall(at)sbcglobal(dot)net.

Peggie,

We're considering a couple of different fresh water flushing arangements
for our system. If we use the "tee" to the sink, we would need to flush
with the drain plug in place to use salt water. Is that correct? In our
system, it would probably be easier to "tee" to a capped hose which
could be uncapped and stuck in a bucket when we want to flush with fresh
water. Is there any reason why this would be a bad idea?

Also, can you recommend a good pump lubricant for a Raritan Compact II
head? I found some Wilcox Criton head lubricant, but it says it contains
mineral spirits which I don't think would be good for the parts.

Thanks

Cindy

--
The email address above is a spam trap. Don't expect a response.
Reach me using firstname at lastname dot net