John H

Default Bush (Mis)State of the Union

On 10 Mar 2004 04:42:07 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

"Jim--" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Jim wrote in message

http://www.misleader.org/pdf/nyt_ad.pdf

What I like is the fact that BushCo thinks that showing the aftermath
of 911 as perfectly acceptable to help his re-election bid, but they
are trying to ban moveon.org's ads. Me thinks they are scared.

I would guess that the same analogy could therefore be given to Kerry's use
of his Vietnam experiences in his campaign ads.

Three big differences though.

1. Vietnam happened 30+ years ago, 9-11 less than 4.
2. Kerry was not Commander in Chief during Vietnam, Bush was during 9-11.
3. Being a brave soldier in a war fought 30+ years ago is not a character
trait needed for the job of POTUS. Successfully leading the Country through
the 9-11 tragedy and subsequently starting the war on terror are leadership
traits needed for the job of POTUS.

I'm glad that you put in the part about Bush STARTING a war. Let's not
forget, Bush started a war unprovoked. There are international laws
and treaties against this. Let's hope he is tried for his war crimes.

And on the eighth day, God created turnips.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!