Dave Hall

Default ( OT ) Apology to John H

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:19:06 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

I agree also. I usually top post to save readers from the same old info I'm
replying to.
Then some whiz will occasionally come back and give me **** for top posting.

IMHO, top posting is cumbersome for the simple reason that when trying
to respond to several talking points, it's helpful to place your
to, in order to establish the proper context for which to place your
comments.

If you are reading a 500 word post and have only a one sentence
summary to make of the whole passage, then top posting might make
sense. But I rarely do that.

Dave