Jack Redington

Default My Bad Experience With Overton's (long)

WaIIy wrote:
On 08 Mar 2004 16:21:58 GMT, (Chief3mfc) wrote:

Hi All,
I wanted to pass this along in hopes that none else gets burned like I did.
I have a loving restored 78 Sportcraft 20' cuddy.

Thanks for the story. That's terrible.

I had a similar experiance with them a few years ago, but nothing on
this scale. We purchased a little three person inflatable to play around
with. A vinal boat with plastic oars for $50 bucks or so. It did not
come with all the stuff that the catalog said it would - foot pump. One
could tell that it was not missing, as it was not included in the
packing list. Well when we called them they told me that they didn't
even sell the item (np product number match) that they shipped me and
were not sure how I received what I did. I had to pay for the shipping
back which was somthing like $15 or $20 bucks. Them they sent me what
they had in their book.

It's as much as what they got you for, But I could not beleive they were
charging me for their mistake. Picking the thing up at boat US would
have been cheaper.

Capt Jack R..