Andy Saunders

Default Insurance questions

Most insurance carriers have a distance limit built in their policies. I am
a State Farm agent and we have a 75 mile limit. I have a policyholder who
wanted to be able to take his boat to the Bahamas (over 75 mi) and had to
find a another ins carrier. I am sure he paid more for that coverage. I
would check with some large independent agencies that specialize in the
marine industry. Good luck.
"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
I'm considering sailing my boat from Southern California to Hawaii in a
few years. I am currently insured with Boat US, but the policy only covers
local coastal waters. I contacted them and they do not have a provision
for issuing a rider to cover the offshore voyage to Hawaii nor even to
cover the boat once it has arrived there.

My preference would be to maintain insurance coverage if possible. I would
appreciate any suggestions for insurance options for this voyage, if there
are any available.

Thanks,
Alan