John Wentworth

Default Lake Powell Boat Trip Recommendations?

I think people may over-react to a description of "low water" on Lake
Powell. There's hundreds of feet of water through most of the canyon behind
the dam. Exploring the back canyons may be limited during low water, but
please don't think this is a 20' deep pond that turns to a mudflat during a
dry season. Plus, didn't the Colorado mountains get a good snowpack this
winter?

"QLW" wrote in message
We have had the Lake Mead/Lake Powell trips on our "Too Do" list for a

long
time. But due to the low water conditions, we've put them on the back
burner. What kind of weather patterns ( I know it has to rain) will it

take
to get the water back to a reasonable level? Is it likely that this may
become the "normal" level for these lakes? Stopping farmers from trying

raise crops in the desert would seem like a first step!