posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

Default Pet Peeve Time

I rowed on the Oregon State University Varsity CREW Team. That's what it's
officially called, like it or not. Same with Stanford, MIT, University of
Washington many other respectable organizations with long histories. That
said, note that the following page shows the terms to be pretty evenly split
in actual usage:

http://www.truesport.com/Row/links.htm

Brian D

"raoul" wrote in message
In article . com,
wrote:

Yesterday, i was in Orlando for a crew regatta for my sons crew team

OT: There is no such thing as a 'crew team'. You can have a rowing crew
or a rowing team but youcannot have a rowing crew team. "Crew" is
defined stricty as a group of people working on a task and, in this
case a group of people rowing together. "Team" is defined similarly.

To say "crew team" is as ponderious and illinformed as saying "Crew
crew" or "Team team".