posted to rec.boats.electronics
jeannette

Default Matching a new depth sounder to an old transponder

On a previous boat I had one of these old sounder that rotated and
flashed a little neon light. An antique. I replaced it with a new
digital Standard Horizon sounder. Everybody said it would not work
with the old transducer. I figured what the hell do I have to lose. I
plugged it in, it worked great . I still see the boat regularily at
the marina. It's still working 8 years later

Jeannette

.. On 24 Nov 2005 11:21:07 -0800, "capt-dia"
wrote:

I am about to purchase a depth sounder to replace the old one[s]. I
have two transponders in the bottom. One at 50hz from a Furuno/Kobel
and another 200hz (???) that belonged to a Gemtronics. What are the
chances that they will work with a new sender/display unit.