John Gaquin

Default ( OT ) Apology to John H

"DSK" wrote in message news:8iq3c.55650

........I don't see any point in trying to
read a post with five or fifteen nested quotes, with a two sentence
reply at the very bottom.

I agree with you there. These nimrods who post and repost the same messages
over and over 12 times in the course of multiple replies, winding up with
354 lines of requote and header, and three lines of message at the bottom,
do nothing but waste space and aggravate people. The only rationalization
I've heard is that Usenet has always done it that way -- along with bottom
posting, which I think is equally dim. People ought to be able to keep up
with the conversation with only a line or two of salient quote. End rant.