posted to rec.boats.building
rhys

Default bedding deck hardware and portlites?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:22:59 -0800, "Brian D"
wrote:

Or SikaFlex 291 ...same stuff, different company. I've had very good luck
with the SikaFlex lasting for years, not leaking, and being easy to remove
when you need to.

I use 291 or 4200, whatever's on sale, as they seem to survive and
perform to the same spec.

5200 is strictly hull-to-deck, below the waterline stuff. While
there's a product to melt it, you should consider it "will outlive me"
material.

A regular maintenance schedule should consider a rebed of deck gear
every 5-10 years, depending on conditions and use, and PARTICULARLY if
we are talking about cored balsa decks, which are rarely done right.

R.