Doug Kanter

Default Cleaning lines (ropes to the lubbers!)

Is the boat in the water all year? If so, how about buying two sets of lines
(after money is more available) and rotating them. Take some home to dry for
a month, while the others turn green on the boat.

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Spring Cleaning time for Far Cove! I usually replace the lines, but
this year money's a bit tight. They're perfectly servicable, just rather
green from the Wet Coast's winter wetness. What's a good/safe way to clean
them? I heard an oxygen-based bleach like Oxy-Clean was good for sails -
how about dacron lines?

Same question for sail covers.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - shiny engine, not so shiny lines.