posted to alt.sailing.asa
Dave Doe

Default Australia / New Zealand Defend Heroin Smuggler

In article .com,
says...
Yelp thoses Ozers whine about the OZ terrorist staying at Gitmo as
well.

Most people know to respect the country they are visiting and expect
to be held to the letter of the local laws. Ozer think they can do
anything anywhere, sorta like the ugly Americans of the past.

When will they ever learn?

This has nothing to do with NZers or Aussies doing illegal things in
Indonesia and not wanted to be tried by their "justice" system.

Further your Subject is incorrect, neither PM's have defended the man,
they have simply spoken out against the sentence (*death*).

It is about the morals of NZ'ers and Aussies - basically (like you
Americans) it is abhorent and senseless to execute *anyone* in *any*
country for *any* crime - as well as a proven lack of deterence for any
crimes that befit those sentences in such countries (as well you
Americans know).

*That* is why the Aussie & NZ PM's have spoken out.

Hey it's not like I'm wanting to take the high moral ground or nothin' -
over here in New Zealand there is a well known but very small group of
folk that want to introduce capital punishment. But I'm not in it, ok.

--
Duncan
[Farr 7500 'Hi-Time'