Bert Robbins

Default The "secretive" righties here.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.
I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part
time, 20 hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and
it was the best thing I ever did by getting out of a government job
wherer you could advance on your own merits you had to wait until
you did the time just like the other guys, who were sitting around
just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was
bringing home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"
Sure I can quantify it, but why?

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join
the marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply
traded one for another. Soldiering is a government job.

Why not answer his question instead of attacking him Harry?
Why should I reveal what my annual earnings are? Hell, you won;t even
tell people what you do for a living.

And why do you need to know that information?

Why does Bert or anyone else here need to know my annual earnings?

I was curious at one point at what you did for a living. Not where you
worked, but whether you were an Indian chief, a rug salesman, or
whatever. It was just curiosity. Why, do you think if you told me you
were sales manager for company that made processing products, that would
be too revealing? You, Smithers, Robbins, and the rest of the righties
are very, very close about yourselves, but you sure don't mind talking
in depth about the lives of others...right?

Nope.

Well, well, well, a bit of honesty at last. You and your gang enjoy
talking up the lives of others, but you sure want to keep your lives a
secret.

And you have the gumption to ask me why I won't tell Bert what I earn?

Thanks. I needed a smile.

Interesting new subject to this thread.

I have put it out in front of everybody and I am a "rightie", no secrets
from me. On the other hand you are so secretive that you will not tell
anyone anything about yourself that has occured within the last 35 years.