Denis Marier

Default GPS for boat *and* car

The talking feature is very nice.
I have learned that it does not warn you fast enough to make a right of left
turn to exit a busy Parkway/Turnpike. This feature does not take into
account the traffic lane on your left of right.
My instructions to go to Mamaroneck NY from New Haven Conn. were to drive
south on HWY 95 and to take exist 19. When I saw exit 19 I took it. Then
all the instructions were erroneous. I stop at the Connecticut tourism
office. There I learned that I took the wrong exit. They told me that I
should have taken exist 19 in the State of New York just a few miles south
after exist 19 in the State of Connecticut. Anyway I am learning the ropes.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:13:29 GMT, "Denis Marier"
wrote:

My concentration was on road coping with heavy traffic and hydro

planning.

As well it should have been.

One nice feature of the Delorme Street Map package on a laptop is that
it taks to you when a turn or critical juncture is coming up. It does
a surprisingly reasonable job for an inexpensive package, even telling
you what lane to be in for an exit.