Wayne.B

Default GPS for boat *and* car

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:17:35 GMT, Eddie
wrote:
Can I get a unit that is interchangeable? I don't want to get one for
the boat and one for the car.
Is there a gps that I can move car to boat?

I have one of those little postage stamp sized GPS units that comes
with Delorme's Street Map USA software package. You need to use it
with a laptop and suitable software of course, but the GPS itself is
dirt cheap depending on what value you assign to the Street Map
software. You can usually purchase both together for about $120. On
the boat I use it with Maptech's Offshore Navigator software.