Default Turning a Trimaran's Floats into Water Ballast Tanks ?

wrote:

What do you think about this idea ?

If we build a trimaran so that the floats are automatically
filled with water and swung towards the bottom of the main
hull when the boat is upside down then we can make the boat
self-righting in the event of a capsize.

Another way to solve the problem without filling the floats
with water is to swing them towards the mast when the boat
is upside down. This will lift up the main hull and cause it to
fall on one side. Then the floats can be swung back to their
extended positions to put the boat in its upright position.