Larry

Default Hydrogen fueled boating

"bowgus" wrote in
:

my opinion, most of us peasants will be walking.

That might be true, but not because we're out of oil.

There's lots of interesting graphs at:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/pdf/perspectives.pdf
especially Figure 21, the real and nominal price of gas ADJUSTED FOR
INFLATION, those worthless US Dollars (or more worthless Canadian Dollars)
in your wallet.

As you can see, fuel is CHEAPER now than it was in 1980, if we take the
awful inflation out of it. We are in a zone of rising (until last week at
least) prices.

One thing the gummit bureaucrats conveniently left out of this pdf file was
a graph of FUEL TAXES REAL AND HIDDEN over these periods. Real gas tax, in
SC, is 34.3c/gallon, state and federal. That graph looks like a tangent
function on a linear scale. Remember all those fuel tax increases for
"education" all those years? Our kids should be coming out of grade school
with PhDs by now...yeah, right. They still can't read....

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/adjusted.txt
Here....Someone has tabulated fuel prices in 1979 dollars for you....Hell,
fuel was cheaper in January of 2005 than it was in 1979! The graph is on:
http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html

The REAL devil in all this is the D word....DEVALUATION....There, I dared
say it. The goddamned government is running the printing presses full bore
diluting the value of the money into worthlessness. Remember copper
pennies? We lost our asses stamping out pennies costing more than a penny
was worth, so we switched to copper-painted aluminum. A few months ago, we
started losing our asses stamping out aluminum pennies costing more than an
aluminum penny is worth!

We're running the printing presses sending out checks to people who don't,
can't or won't produce WORK....a product to create value. We're printing
paper money to cover the checks. "Oil company profits are at an all time
high!" Exxon's stockholders made $10B with a B! How awful! But, is it?
Adjusted for inflation back 50 years, I doubt Exxon stockholders are making
any more VALUE, today than they were in 1955, when a loaf of bread was 39
cents and a whole meal in a diner was $1.89...including 10c for the Coke.

Wake up, people! Anyone working is really working for LESS and LESS every
year....trading their labor and hard work for less and less VALUE....and it
isn't going to change until the collapse, which I don't think is far
away... when..."most of us peasants will be walking."

--
Larry
If you plot gas prices against the price of a Chevy to put it in....Gas is