Calif Bill

Default A beautiful couple of days boating!

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:38:01 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

We have to use barbless hooks for salmon. So the salmon win the battle

at
times. If you release the fish before you get it to the boat, is an LDR

.. . .
Long Distance Release. snip

Yeah - note the difference: "The fish got away" vs "you release the fish".

As
Tom said, I have "other" words for when the fish "released long distance"

Lloyd

My words are normally "Damn, he won". I hooked an aproximate 45#+ salmon in
the early 90's on a Rattletrap and 6# test line. Was fishing for 4# striped
bass. Salmon hit, and I fought for 2 hr 10 min before the line gave up.
Had the fish to the boat 3 times and told my partner to net it, and he
informed me that it was not ready to net. Still the biggest salmon I ever
hooked and I give credit to that fish for not giving up. Biggest landed is
38#.
Coming up to Lloyds area next spring for some fishing, I will post how I
caught them Lloyd.
Bill