Terry Spragg

Default GM Forced to Lay Off Thousands

Dan Krueger wrote:
thunder wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:21:29 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

A friend's got a 5 yr old Jag. Loves to drive it, but his wife's had to
talk him out of shooting it a few times. The latest bull****: The car's
got sensors to tell the driver when parking & headlights are burned out.
The sensors or the method of installation are defective (which confirms
was any real mechanic will tell you about Brit cars and electrical
nightmares). If it's the sensors that are bad, they're a couple hundred
bucks each. Ridiculous.

You do know, Jaguar is owned by Ford.
http://www.ford.com/en/company/about/brands/jaguar.htm

Ownership is meaningless in this OT thread.

Ah, but what a car to drive! I didn't buy one, after shopping used
for a Sovereign for about two months, because of the moral
obligation to keep such a magnificent machine in tune, at horrendous
cost. Most of the ones I tried had erroneous lamp alarms, and had
the air suspension removed, and suffered rust behind the front
"wings", being engineered for absolute minimum weight of sheet metal.

Ah, but what a car to drive! When I backed toward the pump to
mistakenly put some regular "petrol" in one beautiful maroon green
beauty, the person using the pump looked at the car, and then at me,
and then moved his truck out of my way before going in to pay! It
was a long line-up, and he was still waiting, last in line when I
came in to pay, as I put in only 20 bucks for a short test drive.
Who said I got no class?

So help me, he tugged at his forelock, stepped back and motioned me
to go ahead of him!

I couldn't do it, but he insisted, as his wife wasn't finished
shopping. I paid in cash and the cashier said "Thank you sir!"

I said "Don't call me sir, my parents were married."

Nobody even cracked a smile, except this fellow who was being SO
courteous, who visibly blushed, and choked off a massive guffaw.

My wife said the car made her feel like a queen, but she was afraid
to drive it. What a flat out gorgeous machine!

Too bad GM can't figure out what car buyers really want: economy,
simplicity, reliability, price.

Same as sailors, eh?

Terry K