posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default What crap!

Do they have a McDonals restaurant (I use that word advisedly) in China? If
that's the case, then there won't be a war. I've heard that whenever both
countries have those places, they never fight each other!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bob Crantz wrote:
East Asia allies doubt U.S. could win war with China

In a conventional war, perhaps that's true. But, why would we even
attempt that? Also, are troops are far from incompetent.

You're right, Jon. Our policy w/r/t the USSR if war broke out in Europe
had been to use tactical nukes from the get-go. The Russian Army greatly
outnumbered ours, both here and in Europe, and so did their number of
tanks, etc. Our only option was to nuke them, and that's likely what we
would have done. Of course it probably would have resulted in WWIII. I
have no doubt that same policy exists w/r/t China. But since China's
major source of trade is with the US, I strongly doubt they'd be inclined
to go to war with us.

Max