Rosalie B.

Default Bottom paint on prop

"Gordon Wedman" wrote:

"News f2s" wrote in message

"Gary" wrote in message
news:ixPgf.570915$oW2.460791@pd7tw1no...
Iain Hibbert wrote:

Snip

That's another reason why I say - you don't do this without plenty of
previous practice in the swimming pool to check out the feeling of all the
things which may go wrong. Better just take that deep breath . . . air
breathing diving of any sort is full of traps for the unwary.

JimB

air breathing diving of any sort is full of traps for the unwary.

Reminds of the article in one of the recent Northwest Yachting magazinea
describing the fellow living on his Hinckley?/Hallber-Rasey? 46 in Costa
Rica. He became enamoured of free diving. Unfortunately one time he needed
to come up there was a big power boat overhead. He drowned. Seems like a
dumb way to lose a beautifull boat/life.

Some people can do quite well free-diving. My SIL does this for the
lobster season in FL, and can stay down for a considerable time. Even
I can dive on the prop and do some work on it if I wear fins. It is
not that hard if you practice and it makes a reasonable workout. The
only time I can't do too much is if the water is cold - I can't stay
in too long in cold water, and if I wear a wet suit, I am too buoyant
to stay down.

It sounds to me like the guy in Costa Rica didn't have a dive flag or
take appropriate safety measures - like having someone watching.

grandma Rosalie