Skip Gundlach

Default Joker Valves (was) Question for Peggie

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
. com...
The following doesn't apply to an o-ring under the flange on a threaded
cap, but while I have the floor and we're on the subject of gaskets and
o-rings... If you over-tighten a rubber gasket between two pieces held
together with screws, you'll cause it to leak because it'll
"pucker"...people do it all the time when they replace a joker valve and
think that tightening it even more will solve the problem, when it does
just the opposite....makes the pucker even more pronounced, which causes
it leak even more. The right solution is to back it off till it stops
leaking

Happy US Thanksgiving, y'all...

Just a quickie clarification question.

I *think* I know the joker valve to be the duckbill at the outlet. If I'm
right, are you referring to leaking back into the chamber, or out of the
pipe flanges which (at least on my Raritan PHIIs) surround the valve?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, in rehab and PT, coming along, but nothing's fast enough to suit Lydia
:{))

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
..htm?fno=0&sku=90&cat=1304