Sir Rodney Smithers

Default GM Forced to Lay Off Thousands

JohnH,
You have noticed the messages Harry ignores. There seems to be a pattern
here.

Damn, I have to put you back in my filter so I won't see your messages.

Maybe Harry can tell me how the filter system operates.

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:40:42 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:52:59 -0500, Harry Krause

wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:28:56 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:23:57 -0500, Harry Krause

wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
On 21 Nov 2005 13:53:41 -0800, wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message
Sir Rodney Smithers wrote:
"Skipper" wrote:
Wonder if Krause drives A GM product or one o' them
oriental
makes?
Krause purchased a Toyota Tundra. I am sure he is
completely
responsible
for those 30,000 employees losing their job.
He should be ashamed of himself.
Then bottom line, he and his ilk *are* responsible for those
lost
jobs.
Hang on a minute, Scupper. I thought you right wing fags
believe
in
personal
responsibility. It sure seems that way when you're slamming
the
welfare
system. But now, GM gets a pass because not enough customers
want
their
cars?
It's more a red state blue state thingy. Real Americans live
in red
states, buy GM or Ford, and support their country. Them
leftists
living
in blue states allowed to drive make payments on foreign
tinkle
toys.
Bottom line...the Looney Left does not support their country
or
traditional American values. They weaken American at every
turn.

--
Skipper
That's because righties are lemmings, lefties are not. A right
winger
would buy American no matter what, because they're told to do
so. A
left winger would use their brains, and know that some of the
foreign
models are more dependable, and better equipped for less money.
And then bitch about the jobs going overseas.
--
John H
My Tacoma was built in California. IIRC, the engine block came

I recall reading several years ago that Toyota was planning to
manufacture some of its truck engines in the USA, too, but I
haven't
followed that story, so I have no idea whether it took place.

Some of us realize that if the US had a decent program of national
health insurance and pension programs, as most other modern
nations do,
our manufacturers would be more competitive.
If we all gave the money to the government, we wouldn't be able to
buy
the
products at the prices they'd want anyway.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, beautiful bride, it's only a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite
I heard this on 700 WLW this morning. The figures are pretty close
what
I recall as being reported:

Average number of hours to produce a car:

Toyota 21 hours
Ford 26 hours
Chrysler 34 hours
GM 38 hours

Add to that the health care coverage and pension giveaways and one
wonders
why GM is struggling?

And how badly do the unions fight against robotics?
--
John H
NPR interview with a union official from (IIRC) Kentucky: He said one

As usual, Herring has it wrong. While Japanese companies have embraced
technology and modernization, and train their workers for new jobs, US
auto companies have long been more interested in trying to pump up
short term results, and they don't automate at nearly the same rate as
the overseas companies.

Whatever is wrong with US automakers is a result of bad management.

Did my comment about robotics go right over your head, Harry? Do you
think
management has fought robotics on our assembly lines?

I give your comments all the attention they deserve, John.

Your responses have been showing your abilities, Harry.