posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default What crap!

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:14:18 +0000, Peter Wiley
scribbled thusly:

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

East Asia allies doubt U.S. could win war with China

Sure it could. All the US would have to do is pull the plug on Chinese
goods, the majority of which go to the USA. China would collapse in
economic ruin within months. g

Nice theory, except that you'd have to wait, say, 5 years or so to
replace all those imports from somewhere else. Your domestic
manufacturing capacity for consumer goods is, shall we say, minimal?

Ditto the patience and attention span of your consumers. How else can
one explain the success of places like Home Depot and Walmart?

PDW

And where would they get the chips for their weapons systems :-)

If you mean where would the US get such chips--those are produced here.
That the designs have been stolen and replicated elsewhere has little or no
effect upon our ability to make smart weapons.

Max