posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default What crap!

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bob Crantz wrote:
East Asia allies doubt U.S. could win war with China

In a conventional war, perhaps that's true. But, why would we even
attempt that? Also, are troops are far from incompetent.

You're right, Jon. Our policy w/r/t the USSR if war broke out in Europe had
been to use tactical nukes from the get-go. The Russian Army greatly
outnumbered ours, both here and in Europe, and so did their number of tanks,
etc. Our only option was to nuke them, and that's likely what we would have
done. Of course it probably would have resulted in WWIII. I have no doubt
that same policy exists w/r/t China. But since China's major source of
trade is with the US, I strongly doubt they'd be inclined to go to war with
us.

Max