posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default "Oh god, I'm glad to see you. I'm alive!"

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should he have tried to make for port with a
jammed sail. Period and no excuses.

Also: His description of the conditions that drove him back home sound
like good sailing to me. But if the conditions were worse than
described why didn't he shorten sail? No mention is made of
accommodating conditions, only a speedy retreat. Sounds like a moron to
me.

Also: The furling line "got away." Typical newbee idiocy. He should
have been prepared for that in heavy air.

Also: He couldn't furl the sail? Why? Pressure? Go upwind and winch it
in. Still won't budge? Go forward and wind it at the drum. Jammed
beyond belief? Unfurl and bring the genoa down. Sounds like a moron to
me.

Also: Shroud PULLED LOOSE??? From what? Sounds like the boat had
pre-existing problems....and sounds like a moron to me.

Based on the language used and the nature of the story and author of
the original post...sounds like a MORON to me!

RB
35s5...A boat that women love!
NY