rock_doctor

Default My Bad Experience With Overton's (long)

snip...

You need to sit down and write a detailed (emotionless) paper letter and
send it to the owner at Overtons. It is owned by a family who does not want
to loose your business. A lot of times internet and catalog sales are
handled by an outside company, who say they are part of the company but are
just a outside vender who really have no power what so ever. I bet if you
do this they will make it right as the error is theirs. You share no blame
unless the information was in the catalog or on the internet. You as their
customer can not be expected to contact Teleflex to find the correct part
numbers. You expect Overtons to supply the correct and all necessary
information for ordering as they are the Teleflex representatives. Even if
Teleflex did charge a restocking charge it should be picked up by Overtons
as well as the return shipping. Remembering it was their error not yours.
You can also go to the attorney generals office and file a dispute. You
have nothing to loose but I would contact the owner first and appeal to him
saying you and you fishing buddies are a long term customer and you would
like to work this out and maintain a friendly relationship. $200 bucks to
them is small potatoes but to you it is enough to cost them business...
Keep all paperwork and in the end file the complaint and talk to your CC
dispute resolution personal. A lot of time the CC like it when the customer
goes to the AG's office as they will do the leg work and the CC and just sit
back and watch until the AG's office asks for help. Generally you can find
the paperwork and address for the AG office in the home state of Overtons by
looking on the web.

Good luck,
mark