Default My Bad Experience With Overton's (long)

On 08 Mar 2004 19:30:40 GMT, chief3mfc wrote:
I was the Sea star. I was using it on a '85 Johnson V6.
The cylinder I needed is a rear mount cylinder. The kit is supplied with a
front mount that will only work on the later models.

There's no way an average internet/mail order shopper can be expected
to make an informed decision without having that sort of critical
information at hand. And it's hard to believe Overton's hasn't run
across this exact situation dozens of times by now. IMHO, you have a
legitimate complaint. A reputable company will not only make it right
for you, but will immediately correct the info section of their ad to
prevent it from happening over and over again.
I suggest you do what you can to help them with their reputation ;-)
And thanks for bringing this up. I'm going with hydraulic steering at
some point soon and I might have made the same mistake. Let us know if
Overton's makes it right or not.

Rick