posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

Default Jon....road advice?

In article , OzOne wrote:
395 should be fine. It is a very scenic route. You probably
won't be able to enter Yosemite from the eastern side. The
eastern road is closed most of the winter. Unfortunately there
is no good north-south route on the western side of the Sierras.

OK, I figured 395 would probably be open except after a big storm.
Do they clear the Yosemite on the East in winter or would it most
likely just be closed?
We were hoping that we could get into the park from the E to save that
detour in from the W on the way back to LA and San Diego.

If there's any sort of storm, you can forget it.

You don't want to miss Yosemite, it is spectacular and also
somewhat of a tedious drive coming in from the California side.
If I were you I'd catch Yosemite on the way out for at least
an afternoon drive through. From one spot seven majestic
waterfalls surround you.

Yep, that will be the plan if we can't get in from the E side.
Dear wants to spend a few days in the Ahwahnee Hotel and look around.

Some friends were married there... it's a nice place.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com