Jim

Default Is an upgrade worth the Cost"

I think del is right, consider another dealer. I suspect this may
solve most of your problems. Personally I don't buy the gas gumming
up the carbs excuse since you don't leave the boat sitting for many
months at a time. Plus you are unsatisfied with how the engine is
now running. I think you should try another dealer first to see if
a new dealer can solve your current problems. You may be annoyed
now, but if you go and put down that much more cash and the same
dealer makes your engine run the same way as your current motor,
you'll be more than a little annoyed.

-Jim

JGK wrote:

Since I have had the boat, I bought it new in 1999, I have had to rebuild
the carbs, the dealer claimed the gas gummed them up, The stator/rectifier
went out, Tach did not work but Voltage gauge was still showing 13+ volts,
impellors, last one only lasted 4 months. all work was done at a Merc
factory Dealership. Not to mention the engine still runs rougher than I
think it should and hesitates on take off.