Peggie Hall

Default Question for Peggie

Dave wrote:
Following up, thanks to the tank manufacturer (Kraco in Milwaukee) I
found just what I needed at Claire's Marine Outfitters in Ft.
Lauderdale. Seems the closure hasn't changed in 25 years, and they
still stock both the covers and the O-rings.

Kracor gets 'em from Beckson, so you may have gone through more
middlemen than you needed to.

Now a further question. The covers, it seems, have to be driven home
to seal the O-rings by using a hammer and a wooden block against some
little plastic "ears" sticking out from the cover.

Ears???? Hammers???? You have to talking about a different inspection
cover cap than any I've ever seen...'cuz the only ones I know of are
round...the o-ring easily slips over the threads to go around it under
the flange...and all you have to do to seal the cap is thread it in to
the opening.

Would you email me a photo of your inspection port and the replacement
cap you bought? peg(dot)hall(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. 'Cuz I can't even
begin to visual what you're talking about...much less tell you how to
install it.

--
Peggie