*JimH*

Default Canon PowerShot A610 Digital Camera

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:57:04 -0500, Harry Krause

wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:44:07 -0500, Harry Krause

Well, the built in flash, as is typical of most built in flashes
in
digital cameras, isn't that great. But, you can slow the shutter
speed
down in flash mode enough to make decent night shots. For the
price,
it's actually a really cool little camera, has LOTS of features
that
more expensive cameras don't have, can take video. I've bought a
1GB
card for it, and can take 90 minutes of good quality video with
it, or
hold hundreds of pictures.
Learning to use flash properly is one of the major challenges in
general photography. The built-in flash on most cameras, not just
the less expensive digitals or film units, isn't very powerful,
and tends to light up only the center portion of what you're
shooting, and that not very well. Also, the small built-in flash
units really have no punch; they cannot reach out any significant
distance to light up a subject or a scene.

I've been told by professionals that I shoot "damned good
portraits" of people. Well, they're ok, but I have a secret. When
I want a good head and shoulders of a subject, I take that person
outdoors in flattering natural light. You can't always do this, of
course, but I try.
The SB800 packs some punch!
No doubt about it. Too much for me, so I bought the SB600.
Too much? That makes no sense. If there's too much light, don't use a
flash.
Ub, John...nevermind. I keep forgetting, you're not interested in
discussions that involve intellect.

The first sign of losing a discussion........start the personal
attacks.

Hee-hee.

Herring's posit was absurd. Tell you what, Jim. Explain my reference
"Too much for me, so I bought the SB600."

What do you suppose that sentence means? Herring didn't know. Do you?

If you did not understand it, why not just stay silent or ask him to
better explain rather than throw an insult to him?

A. You don't understand my comment.
B. You assume I don't understand Herring's comment
C. You accuse me of tossing an insult at the same time you toss one, even
though my comment was not an insult.
D. You want a pass on your insulting behavior.

The only insulting behavior I have read today is from you.

What insult did I throw your way Harry and what is my insulting behavior you
complain about?