posted to rec.boats.electronics
Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

Default Best PC-based Chart display software?

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:03:01 -0800, Lloyd Sumpter
wrote:

I'm not sure I want software from Microsoft at $400 US. Also, Both
Fugawi and OziExplorer CLAIM to do "chart quilting" (if that's what it's
called): Fugawi: "new maps are automatically loaded as you travel to new
areas", and OziEx: "When you leave a map OziExplorer automatically changes
to the next map or even better, OziExplorer can search out the most
detailed map for the area you are traversing."

I don't think that's actually quilting. It is switching fron one
chart to another. Quilting, if I understand it correctly, is where
the new map is opened and bjutted up against the old one. It is
probably useful, though it looks odd when charts of different scales
are manipulated to synch up with each other.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/