Steve Lusardi

Default Boat Equipment -- Quality is Poor

Capt, John,
Excuse me, but your faith is truly misplaced. I have been in the aircraft
maintenance business for 30 years and at the moment, it is a nightmare. The
logistic systems are unable to keep up with the configuration control
necessary to eliminate part forgeries and the skill level of the mechanics
in many firms are questionable. The amount of time actually spent during
repairs and safety checks are currently under extreme financial pressure,
which very often leads to unsafe practices and shortcuts. These problems
permeate the military world just as much as the commercial. As to which
maintenance practise is better, marine or aircraft, I sure hope it is
aircraft, but at the moment I'd have to say both represent seroius risk. As
a boat builder, nothing replaces personal responsibility for security, even
for those tasks hired out.
Steve

"Capt John" wrote in message
ups.com...
If you only knew just how wrong you are, aircraft require constant
maintanance. If you took care of your boat like they take care of an
aircraft your boat would out live you. Then again, you'd never be able
to afford to own a boat if you had mechanics crawling all over it all
the time.