NOYB

Default OT--He was wrong then, and he's about to repeat the mistake

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:53:30 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Maybe Grady feels that an offshore boat running 20-30 mph in
rough
seas could break the through-hull free from the water, causing
the
pump
lose it's prime?

Most A/C circulating pumps are not self priming and have to be
mounted
below the waterline. If the through hull is forward, losing
prime
in
the waves could be an issue I suppose.

The through hull is located beneath the cabin sole...so I believe
you're
right.

So, where'd you get the boat, NOYB?

Bayside Marina. About a half mile south of Gandy Blvd (by the
railroad
tracks).

It was about 160 run by water back to Naples.

Cool, bet that was a fun ride going back to Naples. Did you happen to
eat at the Rattle Fish? It's right at Bayside, at Tyson St. Good food,
fun place.

It looked like a neat place, but I didn't eat there. We were pressed for
time, so I brought Publix subs for the ride home. As it turned out, we
didn't get back to my house until 2 1/2 hours after sunset.

The last 25 miles or so were pretty damn bumpy. I couldn't see how big
the
seas were because it was dark, but I'd estimate that they were 3-5. It's
not a trip that I want to make again in just one day...at least until my
kids are older and don't need as much looking-after as they needed on
that
trip.

I'll bet. I used to shark fish from the pier at Ft. DeSoto, and it
would get rough as hell out there after sunset.

The seas were not bad when I left Tampa. They were 3-4...but spaced well
apart.

They didn't get bad until south of Sanibel. When you round the southern
tip of Sanibel and make a straight course for Naples, you are 15+ miles from
land, with nothing to protect you from the strong ENE wind that was blowing
that night.