posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dene

Default Best PC-based Chart display software?

"SaltAir" wrote in message
LLoyd

Try the Demo of Coastal Explorer

http://rosepointnav.com/CoastalExplorer/Trial.htm

Everything you mention has the same drawback as OSN no quilting of charts.

It reads just about everthing. Also comes with all the free US charts. If
you are familiar with Microsoft Streets and Trips you will recognise the
interface.

It also supports AIS which IMHO is the greatest thing since sliced bread

For Linux have a look at:m http://www.barcosoft.com/index2.html

SaltAir

I did the download. Sure like the look of it, since I am familiar with MS
Streets. However....the price sure is steep. $399.

I would think there are nautical charts that MS Streets could read.

-Greg