Doug Kanter

Default My Bad Experience With Overton's (long)

There must be a school somewhere that churns out people like the ones you
dealt with. Sounds like my apartment complex: At the end of my second year,
I asked if I could renew the lease for just 6 months, since I'm buying a
house. The mgr said "Sure, but it's an extra $50 per month". This was in
addition to the normal annual rent increase.

I asked how I was causing them extra expense by asking for 6 months instead
of another year. Response: "Well, sir, that covers the cost of continuing to
service you".

Next day, their entire maintenance staff quit. Third time in 18 months. :-)