Calif Bill

Default A beautiful couple of days boating!

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:30:25 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 04:34:49 GMT, "Calif Bill"

wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

We as a group hooked 4 landed 1, and released 2 at a distance

Sounds like great fun.

Have to ask though, "released at a distance"? ;)

Fisherman's talk for "he got away" Also referred to as "breaking him

off" -
it's supposed to sound like he did it on purpose because the fish wasn't

worth
playing.

But sounds like a great time! I'm jealous: Haven't caught a salmon up here

in
over 10 years. AND, really wanted to take Far Cove out to break in the new
engine, but gale-force westerlies on Sat, followed by gale-force

easterlies on
Sun, along with a "heavy rain warning" = good day to stay inside by the

fire and
cuddle with the Lady.

Did get the tarp off the Tin Boat and got the engine started coff!

coff!.
Started saving for a 4-stroke...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

We have to use barbless hooks for salmon. So the salmon win the battle at
times. If you release the fish before you get it to the boat, is an LDR .
.. . Long Distance Release. If you get it to the boat and is undersize or a
silver salmon or Steelhead you reach down and release the fish without
netting and is called shook the fish.
Bill