Lloyd Sumpter

Default Spring tune up -- what's necessary?

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:33:41 +0000, John H wrote:

My Mercruiser 350 normally gets a spring tune up, i.e. new plugs, timing, etc,
etc. Are new plugs necessary every year? What *must* be done every spring. All
the fluids were changed in the fall, and the batteries were kept on a charger
most of the winter.

Look at the plugs. Sometimes a good cleaning (prefer with a special spark-plug
sandblaster, but sandpaper will do), re-gap and put 'em back in.

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36 - we doan need no steenkin' spark plugs!