Lloyd Sumpter

Default A beautiful couple of days boating!

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:30:25 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 04:34:49 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

We as a group hooked 4 landed 1, and released 2 at a distance

Sounds like great fun.

Have to ask though, "released at a distance"? ;)

Fisherman's talk for "he got away" Also referred to as "breaking him off" -
it's supposed to sound like he did it on purpose because the fish wasn't worth
playing.

But sounds like a great time! I'm jealous: Haven't caught a salmon up here in
over 10 years. AND, really wanted to take Far Cove out to break in the new
engine, but gale-force westerlies on Sat, followed by gale-force easterlies on
Sun, along with a "heavy rain warning" = good day to stay inside by the fire and
cuddle with the Lady.

Did get the tarp off the Tin Boat and got the engine started coff! coff!.
Started saving for a 4-stroke...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36