Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Help, my small ship has come in, I have a dream!

:

The Keys a bad idea? Dunno.

No, people implied that the Bahamas was a bad idea for a canoe-catamaran
tripping.

Another option is the Big Bend area of
Florida (up where the Suwanee River goes into the Gulf)

Googling right now. Found it, looks easy. Googling the Keys finds a number
of parks in the Keys themselves.

There is a
canoe trail that wanders the coastline among true wilderness among
isolated islands and a few tiny towns. Perfect for the sort of vessel
you describe. The town of Cedar Key is the perfect place for such a
launch point as it has access to many of these islands. Going west,
you could reach the islands at the mouth of the Suwanee or even the
uninhabited Pepperfish Keys.

Yes, it does look good.

The area around Carabelle is another possibility (SW of Tallahassee) as
it has access to isolated Dog Island, western St. George Is.
(uninhabited) and St. Vincent Is. If you got tired of salt water, you
could go up the New River and get lost for the rest of your life in the
swamps. I had a homeless riend who lived for several years on a
$500Venture 21 sailboat there. He did more cruising than anybody else
I ever knew.

Ok, it looks like it will be Florida for the winter of 2006, and the Bahamas
in 2007. Those who wonder about the coming summer, I think I will spend my
time around the cabin doing some shake-down trip on lake Huron. If I get the
time maybe go to the Upper Channel.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to