NOYB

Default OT--He was wrong then, and he's about to repeat the mistake

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:30:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[snipped]

====================================

So what's the status of the new boat?

Very nice. The generator is getting replaced a week from Friday. The boat
runs very well...with a cruise speed of just under 31 mph burning
approximately 23 gph.

I "detailed" the inside yesterday, and found water in the forward bilge. I
located a small crack in a plastic fitting running to the Cruisair raw water
pump. I replaced it with a bronze fitting. From now on, I know to close
the seacocks that I'm not using...and to inspect them more thoroughly before
any long runs.

I have to say that it's *very* nice working in the cabin when the air is
running.

One thing that I didn't know is that the owners manual states that the A/C
shouldn't be run when operating the outboards over 2500 RPM. It has
something to do with the water pickup, and the possibility that the water
flow to the A/C could get disrupted at the higher planing speeds. So the
generator and A/C will get used while grouper digging or when trolling...but
not on the long runs out to the fishing grounds.